Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at The Shops at North Bridge
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The Center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- After a two-week rotation, a percentage of live plants/flowers are sent to a neighborhood hospital to be distributed to patients to brighten up their rooms rather than be discarded.
- We have reduced the hours of operation for our HVAC system to lower our carbon footprint without negatively impacting our shoppers or retailers.
- Housekeeping uses new carpet cleaners that use 50 percent less water.
- Our Security staff patrols the Center and the surrounding district on foot rather than utilizing a vehicle of any sort.
- Most of our Center’s trash is sorted and placed in two separate compactors: one for recyclables and another for wet waste such as food.