Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The Center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- After a two-week rotation, a percentage of live plants/flowers are sent to a neighborhood hospital to be distributed to patients to brighten up their rooms rather than be discarded.
- We have reduced the hours of operation for our HVAC system to lower our carbon footprint without negatively impacting our shoppers or retailers.
- Housekeeping uses new carpet cleaners that use 50 percent less water.
- Our Security staff patrols the Center and the surrounding district on foot rather than utilizing a vehicle of any sort.
- Most of our Center’s trash is sorted and placed in two separate compactors: one for recyclables and another for wet waste such as food.
Thanksgiving at Eddie V's
WHERE EVEN THE GRAVY IS SERVED WITH A SIDE OF GLAMOUR. Join Eddie V's for a traditional ho...